Subject: Re: KDE
From: Alex Hayward <xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/08/1998 20:02:17
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, J M Oldak wrote:
> I was considering embarking on an installation of KDE on my RiscBSD 1.3
> computer. I was wondering if either anyone had some compiled binaries I
> could use rather than compiling it all, or if anyone had any suggestions
> as to compiling/installing/using it.

I've been compiling it over the past two days. I've been basing things
round the NetBSD package system but the packages for Qt and KDE are out of
date. I hacked the package makefiles to use newer versions... But this
means I can't just type 'make package' to turn them in to proper binary
packages (I didn't know how the system worked when I started, so I didn't
know about changing PLISTs etc...). I applied as many of the out of date
patches which didn't produce errors as I could to the sources before
compiling them. They all seem to have compiled OK using the NetBSD 1.3
release binaries but with cc1 and cc1plus from the 1.3alpha comp set.
I'll try and make a tarball of the results available if I can...

I've got an apparently working Mosaic binary, too (though its statically
linked with lesstif, I might try and make a dynamically linked one...). I
had to hack the sources to ignore X errors to get it to work, though :-)

--
alex@hayward.u-net.com; xelah@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk