Subject: Re: Enlightenment
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/05/1998 13:39:21
On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> Jasper Wallace wrote:
>
> > What X server is this with? i tried it (exported from a 486) about a month
> > ago when i was running 1.2 and Xarm 27 (I think) and it went completly wierd
> > - white screen with garbled images, then crashes. thiswas in 8bpp, so that
> > may of had an effect.
>
> I'm actually running it under the Shark XFree86 port. Rob, can you look
> into/test this?

FWIW it worked in Xfree on the 486 - i'm sort of running Xarm-33 atm, but
i'm having viscous kernel crashes whith what appear to be vnode problems
(kernel suped this weekend) - i've just got a SA110/233, so is suspect
my simms, i'll fall back to a 600 and try it again.

(if there are know problems with the vnode system, i have kernel core images
and the panic output and a trace shoudl any one want it)

--
    They were so ignorant! Young men and women, educated very carefully to
be apolitical, to be technicians who thought they disliked politics, making