Subject: Re: xman for 1.3a
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/27/1998 23:52:55
In message <Marcel-1.26-0127214523-0b0b4bU@stu012.sjc.ox.ac.uk>
          ct <ct@comlab.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

> Tony wrote:
> > Unfortunately when I try to start xman now I get:
> >
> >   Xman Error: Could not allocate memory for manual sections
>
> I wrote:
> > Just remember to setup your MANPATH environments properly...
>

> ....the two are not unrelated... (eg setenv MANPATH /usr/share/man IIRC, for
> (t)csh afficiandos.)

That was the problem, I've got it working now. It's not as great as I
though I remembered it was though, I could have managed with man :-/.
Now to find out things like why X always starts up with an xterm a few
lines bigger than the screen (I have edited xinitrc), get it to use a
decent mode instead of this flickery one that my monitor tells me is
69Hz...

--
                    \  http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/