Subject: Re: Audio driver questions...
From: None <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/21/1998 18:32:10
> Again about the sound problem : I don't know if my question was clear or
> not, but I was talking about producing sound WITHOUT any 16-bits card,

It was clear, very clear ;)
But the answer is again: you can not produce more then a beep at all with
riscbsd :((

> but with the built-in 8-bits logarythmic ship in the RiscPC. Since the
> beep is working fine with it, why not audio ? I had a look in the kernel
> source, and the code seemed to be there. But still, when I try to use

but not finished. It is a dead body within the kernel.

> it, I got the reply "Can't open /dev/audio" ...

This happens if the kernel is compiled without the audio driver. Because the
dev does not work, (I guess) the release kernels are built without it.

> I just want to know if it is just a matter of recompiling the kernel

with a compiled in driver, the process writing to it hangs.

ciao, peter.