Subject: Re: Audio driver questions...
To: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Vincent PENNE <penne@cptsu5.univ-mrs.fr>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/21/1998 17:38:49
Again about the sound problem : I don't know if my question was clear or
not, but I was talking about producing sound WITHOUT any 16-bits card,
but with the built-in 8-bits logarythmic ship in the RiscPC. Since the
beep is working fine with it, why not audio ? I had a look in the kernel
source, and the code seemed to be there. But still, when I try to use
it, I got the reply "Can't open /dev/audio" ...
I just want to know if it is just a matter of recompiling the kernel
with the good option or is it that the audio part is not finished ?

 Vincent.

--
|     Vincent PENNE,          Centre de Physique Theorique |