Subject: Some newbie questions
To: ARM32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Breckels,DV,NVM22,BRECKEDV M <BRECKEDV@BTLIP42.BT.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/20/1998 17:20:00
I have the 21/11/97 1.3 alpha version of BSD on my home RiscPC. It
installed without too many problems once I realised that had to omit all
the source files to fit it onto the partition I had available. I haven't
had a lot of time to 'play' with it but I have got it installed with
myself set up as a user. The machine is not connected to a network of
any kind.

I cannot find any documentation for the additional string that is passed
to BSD from the booter. I have left this in its default state ("ehbug"
if I remember correctly), and I wonder if this might be wrong for a
stand-alone machine, and perhaps the reason for some of the other
problems I have had.

I cannot get into X.  The machine responds to the command, waits a long
time, and returns (from memory) "Fatal server error - cannot establish
all listening sockets".  How do I get beyond this point?

If I try to print anything or examine the print queue I am warned "no
daemon present". Is this a problem linked to the other one, or something
I have forgotten to configure correctly?

Many thanks,

Duncan Breckels.