Subject: EtherH driver (was Re: Initial problems)
To: ct <ct@comlab.oxford.ac.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/15/1998 01:57:54
On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, ct wrote:

> b) I'm getting continual error reports from my eh driver, of the form:
>
> EHDEBUG : Remote 16 wasn't finished : spl level 16
> EHDEBUG : SetReg done : status 18 : type 16
> EHDEBUG : COM_WRITE : About to SetReg
> ehstart : failed to load packet
>
> and
>
> eh : no carrier [1]
>
> and
>
> arplookup : unable to enter address for <ipaddress>
>
> Are these serious/fixable/ignorable/anything ? (If its relevant, I'm having
> to use this 'ehbug' option to get things booting)

These are serious but ignorable. They indicate serious flaws in the
current EtherH driver but only have 2 side effects:

1.	Filling the system logs..
2.	Slowing down data rates.

I am currently developing a new EtherH driver. As soon as I think the
driver is in a sensible state I will announce it on the mailing list. I
will then make test kernels available.

Mike