Subject: Re: Ada compiler.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Burwood <riscbsd@arcangel.dircon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1998 23:17:56
In message <Pine.SGI.3.95L.980111173758.8084B-100000@tower.york.ac.uk>
          Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Just wondered if anyone knows if there's an ada compiler that works under
> RiscBSD?  And if so where can I get it from?

Yes there is GNAT (the GNU Ada Translator - though it does *not*
translate to C but machine code!). The latest version I have built is
3.09. Unfortunately it kills[1] my machine when I try to run it on 1.2G
and Neil and Mark have found the same happens with the latest 1.3
kernel. However, it does work on NetBSD 1.2 prior to 1.2G, so if you
have that then please contact me and I will sort out a set. Feel free to
contact me if you need any other information about it.

[1] This is Norwegian Blue dead. Have to hit the reset button on the
back of the machine. A very nasty and hard to find problem.

regards,
Pete