Subject: Re: Problems with modem/ppp connection...
To: Richard Barrass <rbarrass@lucent.com>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/09/1998 01:48:22
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Richard Barrass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I managed to set up RiscBSD to connect to Demon without much problems, but
> although all is happy with a finger status@gate.demon.co.uk and a quick telnet
> connection or two, I thought I would push out the boat and run Mosaic.
>
> Unfortunately, I started seeing
>
> ... /netbsd: com0:  10 silo overflows, 0 ibuf overflows, 0 uart overflows

It is a notice message from the serial driver that it has dropped 10
characters due to high interrupt latency. It should not cause a problem
from a stability point of view but it will slow down data rates by a small
amount.

Since most things download pretty quickly its probably not worth worrying
about.

Mike