Subject: Re: Can't install 1.3A! Third request for help
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/02/1998 00:41:25
Hi everybody.

Well, my problem is solved and I have 1.3 running pretty well now
(still a few things to configure and software to compile, naturally).

It was not a RiscBSD problem.
Through another incident I have learned that I'm having DMA problems in
Risc OS which sometimes corrupt files. If I RMKill the DMAManager
module, I get no more corruptions.
I didn't think that I had a corrupted file because I fetched the kernel
archive again and both copies were identical. I also tried different
kernels so I really thought the problem was not on my side.
And due to the lack of feedback I couldn't narrow down the problem.

Sorry for the noise I caused on this mailinglist.

Happy New Year to everybody!

Markus