Subject: Re: Configuring lpd
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neil Bingham <neil@binghams.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/24/1997 12:28:39
> First a big thanks to all those involved in developing NetBSD/arm32, and
> the 1.3a CDROM.
>
> This is my first go at installing and configuring a UNIX system. Things
> have been
> pretty well so far, the system's up and running and I'm starting to
> configure it in
> earnest.
>
> I've run into some difficulty with lpd. If lpr is used to send a file to
> the print queue,
> an error like lpd[8998]: /dev/lpa0   :No such file or directory results.
>
> cp <file> > /dev/lpa0 sends output to printer OK.
>
> I have the following printcap entry:
>
> lp|local line printer:\
>  :lp=/dev/lpa0 \
>  :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd \
>  :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs \
>  :pl=66:pw=80 \
>
> Looking at the spool directory suggests all the expected files have
> turned up.
>
> Can anyone help me out?

I can't help you but I've got a problem with lpd as well.  A friend helped
me set my system up but unfortunately he is now 500 miles away :-(  My
printing was tested with an Olivetti 3-something, and worked perfectly
including NFS printing which is what I really want.  But when I try it with
my Epson Stylus Colour II I get nowhere.  The Stylus hangs RiscBSD.  This
doesn't seem to matter if it is turned on before booting or after.  It starts
to print some sort of test page during bootup and then stiffs after printing
about 2/3s of a page.

Any ideas?

Neil.

--
Neil Bingham.
              StrongHelp manuals for Acorn C/C++ And The Toolbox