Subject: 1.3a installation problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Laughton <ben@laughton.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/22/1997 10:45:59
I'm trying to install RiscBSD 1.3a from CDROM.  I can get through the initial
'install' part fine, then get dropped into a shell where I'm instructed to
type inst.  I do this and select option 3 from the menu ("Load distributions
from CDROM") and enter 0 as the CDROM device number.

I then go back to the main menu and select "Show distribution sets".  The
first few sets are displayed fine, but then I get loads of the following
errors:

wdc_atapi_intr_warning: reading only 0 of 2048 bytes

My setup is as follows:
StrongARM RiscPC
26MB RAM (24+2)
Yellowstone RapIDE interface
IBM 4.3GB hard disc
Matsushita CR-583 CDROM drive

I hope it's because I'm doing something silly, and not because the CDROM
drive isn't fully ATAPI compliant or something.

Cheers,
  Ben

--
Ben Laughton