Subject: Problem with installation (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/21/1997 08:26:33
Hi.

I currently have a problem with installing RiscBSD (1.2). I have followed the
installation manual and done everything it says. I am using a RPC SA with 1
HD. on the standard acorn motherboard IDE interface. The error occurs when I
try and boot RiscBSD for the first time. It says

panic: cannot mount root

trace gives the following info:

?(0xf0117d04)
?(0xf001f988)
?(0xf000fe80)
?(0xf000005c)

Can anyone give me any help??

I have a Quantum Fireball 3.2Gb HD as Master and an 8x Matshita ATAPI CD ROM
Drive as slave. I have the HD set up as 2.5Gb for Risc OS. I ran bb_riscbsd
and nitialised the partition. When I tried to boot into riscbsd the floppy
drive was read very briefly then it was locating all the device and then it
crashed with the panic error.

I have 20Mb DRAM and 1 Mb VRAM

Help would be much appreciated.

Daniel Kefford