Subject: Re: can't install arm32/bsd
To: Vincent PENNE <penne@cptsu5.univ-mrs.fr>
From: Kaustav Bhattacharya <Kozzey@dircon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/16/1997 22:33:54
In message <34965F29.41C6@cpt.univ-mrs.fr>
          Vincent PENNE <penne@cptsu5.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:

> I got the same problem with a hard disk of 3.1Gb. I'm afraid that
> currently RiscBSD does not support too big hard disk (or maybe is it
> RiscOS that does not support partitionning too big hard disk)

I am, however, only using a 1.5Gb partition for Risc BSD.  The disk is
physically 3.1Gb but only half is being used for BSD and the other half
for Risc Os.  I was under the impression that Risc OS got stroppy on
anything larger than 2Gb?   Having said that, I've been using a 6.3Gb
SCSI hard disk under Risc OS 3.6 for 6 months without any trouble and
now on 3.7 it still works fine, never lost anything, never had a disk
crash, but of course the larger cluster sizes means I lose more disk
space than I would if I had stuck to partitions smaller than 2Gb.
Aside from that everything has been hunky-dory.

Kozzey

--
Kaustav Bhattacharya [ aka Kozzey ]
[ http://redhotcountry.co.uk ] - Keep an eye on Country music

                     ... I'd like to live like a poor person with lots of money.