Subject: Re: Compilation Problems
To: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/11/1997 21:51:12
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, J M Oldak wrote:

> I could try it with static, but I don't think I have a static Xpm library
> on my system...

You could try just linker with the one static library and keeping the
others dynamic. If you have both static and dynamic versions of a library
in your path and you want one particular lib to be static you can do that
with something link

cc -o test test.o -Wl,-Bstatic -lXm -Wl,-Bdynamic -lXt -lX11 -lXext \
-lXpm -lSM -lICE

The -Wl tells cc to pass the bit after the comma over to the linker
and the -Bstatic and -Bdynamic options to the linker can be used to force
either static or dynamic linking of the libraries that follow.

Cheers,
				Mark