Subject: Re: Compilation Problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/11/1997 10:35:29
>  I've installed 1.3A, the new libs and the c++ fix. But I've still got some problems.
>  1) NEdit and MoxFM cause core dumps. I'm using Lesstif 0.82, compiled with shared libs.
>  2) Anything linked with neXtaw instead of Xaw core dumps. i.e. SeX is fine with Xaw, but try with neXtaw ...
>  3) XBomb fails on link with a "unreferenced symbol : _cuserid"
>
>  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

In cases 1 and 2, link with the static library versions of anything you have
compiled yourself. Otherwise it core dumps. There seems to be a major problem
with shared libraries compiled on 1.3Alpha. I have not heard yet of any not
producing a core dump, but then people only post here when things don't work.
I assume that the shared libraries on the CD were compiled with 1.2G, because
they work fine.

	Andrew