Subject: [Fwd: ICS IDE problems]
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: I.V.McLoughlin <mcloughi@eee.bham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/10/1997 09:58:02

--------------482F1ACA5AF6

Nobody answered first time, so here is my query again:
Please help if you can!

--------------482F1ACA5AF6

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:23:54 +0000
From: "I.V.McLoughlin" <mcloughi@eee.bham.ac.uk>
To: port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG
Subject: ICS IDE problems

Hi,

I just installed 1.3a from the website over my previous 1.2
installation, and coinciding with the fitting of an ICS IDE
interface driving a cdrom.

Although my RiscBSD disc isn't hanging on the ICS interface,
the supplied kernel 'RISCPC' and the installation kernel both
halt during startup immediately after noting that podule 0 is
an ICSIDE.

Is there any fix for this (apart from unplugging my ICS IDE card
every time I want to boot RiscBSD, which does work)?

System:
ICS IDE i/f is the latest v6, CDROM is ATAPI*8.
StrongARM RPC(I), 40meg RAM, 1meg VRAM, 200meg drive 4,
and Fireball 1080 drive 5 partitioned with about 500meg
for RiscBSD (both drives on motherboard IDE i/f).

Any help would be appreciated!

ps. Well done Causality for an excellent product ...
--
Ian McLoughlin       [Acorn computers|Chinese|TaeKwonDo|Cycling]
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The University

--------------482F1ACA5AF6--