Subject: Colourful cursor - was RE: Boot-time errors/warnings
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/09/1997 21:15:15
Excuse me, but I have to interrupt :-)

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, John Harrison wrote:

> On Monday, December 08, 1997 7:55 PM, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> > Why is the cursor sometimes red and sometimes white?
>
> It means that something is happening on another console. I.e. a white
> cursor means you are up to date, a red one means there is unseen output
> somewhere.

Aha, this explains why the cursor is red when I am running top
on another terminal :-)

The feature works nicely, sort of.

If I as root on ttyv0 echo something to a user on ttyv2,
the cursor turns red. If I then jump to any other terminal
except ttyv2, it turns white again. Shouldn't the cursor
stay red until I jump to terminal ttyv2?

Just a minor detail, I know :-)

Best regards
  Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen        Email at work: imm@kmd.dk
Fidomail:  2:234/181.9      Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Using an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor
running RiscBSD v1.3a :-)