Subject: Re: Using X across a modem link
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Willcock <mwillc@essex.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/07/1997 17:12:32
Thanks for all the help, I have it working now, its quite amazing seeing
xv appear on my desktop, it can be a bit slow though, I tried netscape
and that took an age ;-)

Ok here a few more small things I would like to get sorted (I really
should buy a book on X and Unix...) firstly I can't seem to make dip
work from my normal user even if I put it in the dialer group, it dials but
I get a no route to host error if I try to ping anything.It works fine from
root, what file do I need to access to?

Secondly printing, I have managed to copy files to lpt0, is it possible
to set up lpr to do this and change line endings etc, how about graphics
(ie from Mosaic)?

Sorry to keep asking questions,
Matt
--