Subject: mail failed, returning to sender (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob <Bob@delacyst.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/07/1997 12:28:07
Hi

I've got a problem in that I've got half a Gig of Hard Drivespace
reserved for BSD, but I've got a Cumana CDROM + Interface which
won't work from the Unix partition.  I can write to the Unix partition,
but files such as BASE.SET.GZ end up as BASE_SET_GZ when copied to the
BSD partition via RISCOS.

Does anybody have an altered installation script which can work around
this or suggestions how I can create a working installation without
having to copy all the files then rename them...

As an aside, obviously, I will have to buy a new interface (and
subsequently a new CDROM) to properly install NetBSD.  I would like to
be using 1.3 if I created a proper intallation on my RiscPC.  Thus I
would therfore appreciate a definitive list of verified compatible
hardware.

Also, if I went ot all the trouble of purchasing a new
interface and CDROM (and a network card to attach to the LAN we have in
the house ) would I be able to 'make' all the approproate applicarions
such as Apache or does the ARM-32 port have problems in areas such as
this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
--