Subject: Re: UnixFS, why can't I delete ?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Wain <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/04/1997 17:30:27
--=_NCMail_jGpn7A

> berg wrote:
> > why can't I delete files on the FFS partition using UnixFS ? Is this a
> > bug or still unimplemented ?
> > It would be very nice if it would be possible to use UnixFS (=FFS) as a
> > alternative filesystem on the RiscOS side too.
>
> Yes indeed ! The amount of work to support make your FS compatible
> with image FS isn't that much work.

If I recall correctly the actual problem is that the directory that you want to
delete from has to have world write privilages (e.g. /tmp, probably also
/usr/distrib), and that what you are seeing is not being able to delete what
UnixFS thinks are protected files....

Paul.

--
This mail was sent from a 233Mhz StrongARM N|C

--=_NCMail_jGpn7A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Reply</TITLE>
<BASE HREF=3D"file:">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><BR>
</P><PRE><P>&gt; berg wrote:
&gt; &gt; why can't I delete files on the FFS partition using UnixFS ?=
 Is this a
&gt; &gt; bug or still unimplemented ?
&gt; &gt; It would be very nice if it would be possible to use UnixFS =
(=3DFFS) as a
&gt; &gt; alternative filesystem on the RiscOS side too.
&gt;
&gt; Yes indeed ! The amount of work to support make your FS compatibl=
&gt; with image FS isn't that much work.</P></PRE>
<P>If I recall correctly the actual problem is that the directory that=
 you want to delete from has to have world write privilages (e.g. /tmp=
, probably also /usr/distrib), and that what you are seeing is not bei=
ng able to delete what UnixFS thinks are protected files....<BR>
<BR>
Paul.</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><P><FONT COLOR=3D#0000cc>--</FONT><FONT COLOR=3DRED><BR>
This mail was sent from a 233Mhz StrongARM N|C</FONT></P></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=_NCMail_jGpn7A--