Subject: Re: RiscBSD 1.3alpha installation pb - Configure?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG, Vincent.Lefevre@ens-lyon.fr>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/1997 22:50:28
Hi Vincent,

You wrote:

> I've installed RiscBSD 1.3 alpha until the distribution sets. I've
> installed the following sets: base, etc, misc, perl, x11base (with

I am not certain, but I think you have to install 'config' too and
use /usr/local/sbin/rcm for further configuration.

> But now, whether I boot in single user mode or multi user mode (which
> is aborted), I can't configure: Configure is not found.

I checked my own setup. I cannot config too, I get the error:

Config: cannot read CONFIG: No such file or directory

But I can use /usr/local/sbin/rcm instead.
You also have to be certain that /usr is mounted.
'mount -a' should take care of that.

To boot in multi-user mode you also have to edit /etc/rc.conf and set

rc_configured=YES

> Where is the problem?

I don't know, but try the above suggestions or yell again :-)

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen
Email at work: imm@kmd.dk

Using an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor :-)