Subject: v1.2 programs against Xarm-33. Was: Re: Xarm-33 ?
To: None <riscbsd@nethotel.dk>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/1997 22:59:10
Hi Neil.

In an answer to Peter Berg you wrote:

> Peter Berg wrote:
> > works the Xarm-33 x-server really only on 8bit mode ? If yes, would it then be
> > possible to use the Xarm-27 with the new 1.3 shared release instead of #33 ?
>
> Yep, though I understand Rob is on the case after he's finished S+Ring
> some console stuff... I don't see why Xarm 27 shouldn't work, it'll be
> bigger tho' I guess... Are there any other reasons that haven't sprung
> into my mind?

I thought Xarm-27 also was a 8bpp server. How do you set it up to 16 bpp?

A slightly similar situation: I tried to run v1.2 xosview against Xarm-33
because I could not compile the xosview v1.3(??) source on the CDROM.
Unfortunately it is impossible to run xosview this way, I get a dump.
So all mixups are not possible, or are they?

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen
Email at work: imm@kmd.dk

Using an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor :-)