Subject: Re: Installation and mouse problems
To: None <bsd-list@marketto.demon.co.uk, port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/1997 23:13:55
Hi Theo.

Regarding your installation problem I cannot help you :-(

> My second problem concerns running X.  Possibly because of the way I've
> installed the sets, rcm complains that it can't find the VIDC device.  I
> tried chmod 777ing all VIDC and mouse devices. If I startx anyway (from
> root), it complains something like (as I remember):

You have to make some symbolic links. su to root and execute

ln -s /dev/qms0 /dev/mouse
ln -s /dev/vidcvideo0 /dev/vidc

You also have to execute the following as root (to allow other users to
use X):

cd /usr/X11R6.3/bin
chown root.wheel Xarm-33
chmod a+sx Xarm-33

That works for me (allthough it may not be the right way to do it :-)

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen
Email at work: imm@kmd.dk

Using an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor :-)