Subject: Re: linker messages
From: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/1997 18:25:04
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> The RRS relocation garbage is not a problem when linking.

Hmmm - perhaps not, but...

Since installing 1.3 alpha from the CD (I still have 1.2 on my other hard
disc, which is handy), and the updated C++ librarues that Neil put on the
ftp site, I can no longer compile (and run) C++ programs. (Which is a bit
harsh, as my final year project is written in C++!)

It seems to compile OK, but when linking it complains about "_cout" and
"_cerr" (perhaps being relocated?) or something. It does give me an
executable, but if I execute it then I get a core dumped, complaining
about a bad system call or something.

Sorry for being so vague about this - I wasn't expecting to be here
posting about it, otherwise I would have remembered exactly what the
messages were... Still - anyone got any ideas?

Otherwise though - everything seems to be working OK! :)

Cheers!

Joe
 __
 _|) "My imagination is a wild and untamed thing"  - Steve Hodgson
(_|