Subject: Re: Compiling lesstif (again!)
To: Sparkers <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/28/1997 11:49:24
Stephen Hobbs wrote:

> / is 74% used however, and I created it as 32MB (I think) as
> suggested in the install guide. Should I have made it bigger?

It looks like it:

> /: write failed, file system is full

I guess you have many programmes to compile, so this probably isn't a
very good workaround, but in my case I had one very big source file.
One way around filling / was simply to see what gcc -v told me ie.,
what the exact cc1, as, ld etc commands where and execute them
sequentially changing the temporary file names to something on a
bigger partition. Alternatively, maybe temporarily removing /tmp and
making it a symbolic link to a directory on another partition might do
it.

Good luck,

 Patrick