Subject: Compiling lesstif (again!)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sparkers <ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/28/1997 11:31:15
Thanks to Richard for the config patch for lesstif.
I had to apply it by hand, as patch config.guess config.guess.patch
didn't work (can't remember the reason). 'make' then trundled happily
away for a bit, got further than on the last attempt, and then stopped
with errors about no space left on device.
Initially, I expected I'd run out of swap, but systat showed only 20%
used. / is 74% used however, and I created it as 32MB (I think) as
suggested in the install guide. Should I have made it bigger?

Finally, ISTR many months ago, somebody mentioned 'unlimit' to allow the
compiler to use all swap space. How do I use that?

Here are my errors:

1%cd /usr/X11R6.3/install/lesstif-0.81
2%make
Making all in include
Making all in Motif-1.2
Making all in lib
Making all in Xm
ar cr <snip>

/: write failed, file system is full
ar: write temporary file: No space left on device
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
3%

Many thanks,

Stephen Hobbs.
e-mail: ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk

3rd Year Electronics Student. Brunel University.