Subject: Re: Next....
To: <>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/23/1997 13:05:54
On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Paul S. Wain wrote:

> Laurent Domisse wrote:
> > 1) When booting I have a :
> > wdc : reset failed
> > What's this ?
>
> Is it stopping you from being able to do anything? If it isnt
> then ignore it :)

At a guess the hard disc controller isn't reseting, which kernel is this
for? and what devices have you got connected and where (If I remember
you've got a rapide?)  As Paul said if nothing is going wrong don't worry.

> > 2) using a 'top' report 14 M of memory but I have 38 Mo of RAM in
> > my machine...where are they ?
>
> Dont believe all that top tells you.

Is this the total figure of all the values?  I vaguely remember puzzling
over this, and realised adding the figures up gave the right answer.

> > 4) In the Apache set, there is a missing file  in conf. There is no
> > mime.types file.
>
> Pass.

If you have access to any web servers take a copy of theirs or get the
original source code.

Cheers,
Chris