Subject: Re: Next....
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul S. Wain <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/22/1997 16:44:22
Laurent Domisse wrote:

> Thanks for the fix for the ldconfig to everyone :)

Hi Laurent,

> 1) When booting I have a :
> wdc : reset failed
> What's this ?

Is it stopping you from being able to do anything? If it isnt
then ignore it :)

> 2) using a 'top' report 14 M of memory but I have 38 Mo of RAM in
> my machine...where are they ?

Dont believe all that top tells you.

> 3) I'm unable to launch X except from root. I think someone had the
> same problem in the past...help is welcome.
> Message is :
> /dev/vidcvideo0 : No such file or directory
> Fatal server error
> Unable to open DISPLAY or /dev/tty
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

As root:

	chmod 4755 /usr/X11R6.3/bin/Xarm-*

This toggles the setuid bit on the binary and thus enables devices to
be read from.

> I have a /dev/vidcvideo0 file. I've made a chown +r on this file but
> still the ame error.
>
> 4) In the Apache set, there is a missing file  in conf. There is no
> mime.types file.

Pass.

> 5) where can I download misc set not included in the CDROM ?
> (Xearth, Emacs....)

Take a look at somewhere like Sunsite UK. You will need to download
and install your own versions of these bits that you are after (unless
other people on here will pass them on to you). Emacs however should
be avaliable via somewhere like the Causality RiscBSD page
(http://www.cauality.com/riscbsd)

Paul