Subject: RiscBSD, Help please..
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phill Hodgson <phillip@hodg-p.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/21/1997 12:49:18
Hi,
    I wonder if you can help with a problem I'm having installing
a copy of RiscBSD that came on a PD CD.  I've partitioned
my IDE hard drive OK, loaded the the Kernel (sa110-4713) etc.. that came
with the CD (I have a RPC strongarm-32 meg)
The problem arrives when I try and boot RiscBSD -- The instructions
say set the bootloader !BtRiscBSD (Ver 2.88) to boot up from the ramdisc.
When I do this the kernel boots, and completes the system checks, but
then comes up with the error messages:

rd0 allocated 0K
..etc etc.....
panic: cannot mount root

then drops to a        db>           prompt.

I've allocated the ramdisc over 1440K as instructed, and created the
boot up floppy also.

So, I thought well set the system to boot up from the floppy (Cause that's
where the boot info is)... I set the bootloader bootup option to /dev/fd0a,
and hey, the system boots to the hardisk partition program.... I filled
all the info in that it asked for, and then just after the point where
it asked for the swap space size the following error appears:

ffs: /dev/rd0 on /: specified device does not match mounted device

the system then drops to a command prompt.  Looking at the system from
this point I can see the contents of the floppy drive, but the system
reports that it is 'read only'... So I can't create anything on it, and
when I try to mount any other directory the 'device does not match
mounted device' error appears.

Please, can you help ??

Many thanks in advance..
--
    _/_/_/ _/  _/  _/  _/     _/         mailto:phillboy@cyberdude.com
   _/  _/ _/  _/  _/  _/     _/                 Ingleby Barwick, UK.