Subject: Re: questions and bug report
To: Laurent DOMISSE <domisse@credm.com>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/21/1997 10:34:48
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Laurent DOMISSE wrote:

> I'm totally agree with Kjetil B. about the work done with the RiscBSD
> 1.3 release. Great work !

I've not seen it, but if it's anything like the beta shared lib version
it's probably good.

> Some bug report :
>
> Minor :
> - with new driver for RapIDE card, the first drive is now 0 and not
> anymore 4 so you
> should correct adress for the mountufs

I've a little hack for this, somewhere in the BASIC program there's a line
that works out the magic number to access, the easiest way was to do a
hack that checks if the FS is ATAFS and sub 4 if it is (or something like
that...)

> - Config in !BtRiscBSD is read only afetr copyint it to the hard disc.
> Need to be r/w when
> saving the config.

Is !BtRiscBSD copied straight off the CD?  if it is it keeps the
permissions (I think)

> - Trying to run startx I have
> /usr/libexec/ld.so : xinit : libXmu.so.6.0 : No such file or directory
> (I've checked , /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6.0 exist on my hard disc)
> What's wrong ?

I think this is a prob with /etc/ld.conf  the cure is to add the paths to
the libraries to this file, I think mine are:
/usr/lib
/usr/X11/lib
/usr/local/lib

ldconfig -r will tell you which libs ld.so knows about and where they
are.

Hope this helps,

Chris