Subject: Re: Networks and CD's and things...
To: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/15/1997 20:35:09
J M Oldak wrote:

No idea about nfs---are you running pcnfsd for the authentication? Then
again, I didn't really read the paragraph...

> Thirdly (well - I might as well get all these things off my mind at once!
> :), I have a copy of Gnome's X server (again, on Acorn's Site Licence) -
> and was wondering how I could use this to run X windows over a network (if
> at all possible). I've played around with it for a while but never got
> anywhere with it! :(

Should be fine---start up xdm on the RiscBSD box, and then get the !X to
emit an xdm query. Alternatively, just serve stuff to the machine, eg.
	xv -DISPLAY hostname:0.0&
should bung xv up on the RiscPC.