Subject: Re: Kernel
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J M Oldak <cszjmo@scs.leeds.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/14/1997 14:00:53
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Patrick Welche wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean. I take it you have a kernel in your RiscOS
> partition which you have managed to start RiscBSD from. That file just
> has to be copied to /netbsd in the NetBSD side. No extraction is
> necessary. If you didn't manage to to start RiscBSD with that file,
> then it may well be compressed, in which case "gzip" is the utility
> you want to uncompress it. Or is it the copying from RiscOS to RiscBSD
> which is the problem?

Another question regarding this - what's the point behing copying the
kernel from RiscOS to the RiscBSD partition? What do I gain from it?

Also - when you say "/netbsd" - do you refer to the file "netbsd" in the
root directory, or the file ".netbsd" (ie - are you using the Unix or
RiscOS notation for the "/")

Have fun

Joe
 __
 _|) "My imagination is a wild and untamed thing"  - Steve Hodgson
(_|