Subject: Re: Partition problem
To: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
From: I.V.McLoughlin <i.v.mcloughlin@bham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1997 10:23:39
Scott Stevens wrote:

> I.V.McLoughlin writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > 11
>  > Error - Invalid filesystem superblock or unknown superblock format
>  >
> This implies that UnixFS couldn't find a valid superblock, this could
> be due to a corrupted SB/ partition table. UnixFS never checks the
> backup super blocks so fsck -b 32 <rawdevice> might work.

Scott, thanks for responding to my problem.  However I tried this
yesterdayand found that fsck reports that the *alternative* superblock is
bad when I
boot via ramdisc etc..  If it scans for a superblock it can't find one, on
both
wd1a or wd1b.

Funnily enough I can view & edit the /usr stuff from UnixFS but not the
rest.
Irrespective of all this, wd1a & wd1b won't mount when booting from
ramdisc.

I think I'm about ready to give up and dig out my 40 or so floppies unless
anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Ian
--