Subject: Partition problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: I.V.McLoughlin <i.v.mcloughlin@bham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/09/1997 09:32:42
Hi,

I've got some sort of partition problem and can't boot RiscBSD.
When I activate the booter, I get the following error in a
dialogue box (still, it appears, inside RiscOS then):
11
Error - Invalid filesystem superblock or unknown superblock format

Outside Partition
  cache_read():  ufs_bread failed

Error reading file system
This is happening on a 1.2gig IDE disc with about 600meg BSD 1.2
partition.  Well my guess is that something has overwritten the
beginning of the partition.

Can anybody tell me how to fix the problem?  Can fsck do it if I
book from ramdisc?

If it's a choice between having to reinstall RiscBSD or risking
the loss of my RiscOS data, I'll reinstall.  Have I got any other
options??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian
--
Ian McLoughlin       [Acorn computers|Chinese|TaeKwonDo|Cycling]
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The University