Subject: Some post installation niggles
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Knott <sid@dynarx.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/06/1997 16:43:18
Right I've installed RiscBSD from the 1.2 CDROM and am using the voy4656
kernal.  I've just about got most bits working but have a couple of
niggles.

1.  I can't print.  During the boot phase a message reports lpt0 as out
of paper.  If I queue anything for printing then lpq reports "waiting
for printer offline?".  If I copy a file direct to /dev/lpt0 then the
response is device busy.

2.  Is it possible to shutdown the system without logging in as root.
My main user id belongs to wheel and operator groups so I can execute
the shutdown command but can't execute the halt command.  I tried using
shutdown -kh which I thought would do the trick but the response is
"You'll have to do it yourself"

As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a novice at this Unix stuff and
any pointers would be appreciated ( I have read the FAQ and installation
guide but that doesn't mean to say I've not missed something ).

Cheers

--
 Sid       |  sid@dynarx.demon.co.uk          |  PGP public key available
           |  http://www.dynarx.demon.co.uk   |

"Right, you bastards, you're... you're geography"   -- (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)