Subject: Re: Qt already ported?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra@troll.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/05/1997 23:33:39
Adam Gundy <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
> hmmm. If Qt is C++ (I seem to remember it is..), there are two possible
> problems that I know of:
>
> If it uses 'bool' types (in particular as the fifth or greater argument
> to a function) then it won't work without the gcc patch I posted a while
> back ("Compiler bug in g++ 2.7.2.1")...

Qt uses bool extensively, but not necessarily the native bool type.
See what gcc -E says about src/tools/qglobal.h on your platform.

It may not matter much -- there are hardly any five-argument functions
in Qt.

> If it uses exceptions then it won't work without applying the second
> patch I posted ("g++ exceptions and gprof profiling"). There are still
> some problems with exceptions though :-(

Qt does not use exceptions at all.  Making a library work with 14 C++
compilers necessitates some sacrifice :)

Please CC any replies to me; I'm not on this list.

--Arnt