Subject: Re: Amaya 1.0b
To: Marcus Deubel <i105@stio1.fh-wuerzburg.de>
From: Peter Berg <berg@mailserv.tu-freiberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/30/1997 12:51:26
> Hi folks,
>
> did anybody else compile amaya 1.0? The reference browser of the W3C?
> I did it and the is a very shi**y program. Amaya does not even support
> tables! In my opinion is even Mosaic 2.7b5 better then that crappy
> program. I had also faults displaying pages.

This seems unbelievable to me. I compiles arena with the libwww that amaya
uses (in fact I grabbed the libwww sources for arena from amaya) and arena
has table support. This means the libwww that amaya uses has it to.

It might be that you did not had the complete sources for it or that you
had a version of the libThotEditor without table support. I recommend
to grab the most recent versions of *all* needed archives. AFAIK amaya
can even be built with java support.

Ciao, Peter