Subject: Re: Internal gcc errors
To: None <chris@collegium.co.uk, r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/08/1997 12:18:45
On Jul 7,  9:01pm, Chris Rutter wrote:
> Subject: Re: Internal gcc errors
> In message <9707071811.ZM14435@picasso.me.ic.ac.uk> you recently said:
>
> > Right, in that case can you email me a copy of the offending file
preprocessed
> > with gcc -E plus the normal flags so I can try to reproduce the problem.
>
>  Ah -- an interesting result! The new pre-processed .c file came out fine,
> an interestingly enough, gcc'ing that works fine (so long as datasize has
> been `unlimit'ed). So, so long as the thing is split into a `two-pass'
> operation, one gcc -E and then gcc -c (and later linking), it appears
> to be fine. Still want the file?

The only thing I can think of here is if you are running out of disk space to
create the intermediate file. How much free space do you have in your /
partition? If you have more disk space elsewhere try setting TMPDIR.

>  However, I ran out of luck on the next file in `Makefile'. The output is
> as follows:
>
>     lex monitor2.l
>     gcc -O2 -DEXCLUDE_EXOTIC -DDEBUG -I. -I./z80 -I/usr/X11R6.1/include
>     -DCSRG_BASED -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARRORPROTO -DMITSHM -DESCAPE=XK_Escape
>     -DXZX_IF1 -DXZX_MF128 -DXZX_PLUS3 -DUSRLIBDIR=\"/usr/X11R6.1/lib/X11\"
>     -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/xzx\" -UREGISTERED -c -o monitor2.o lex.yy.c
>     gcc: unrecognised option `-O2'

Hmm...

>     monitor2.l: In function `yylex':
>     monitor2.l:90: `yylval' undeclared (first use this function)
>     *** Error code 1

Hmm, not sure whether yylval is portable or not.

>  So apparently some lex header file is missing or something. However, not
> having any clues about this, could someone tell me exactly what I need to
> do to fix this?
>
>  Also, another problem is that while `tputs', `tgets' (etc) are defined in
> curses.h, they don't appear to exist in libcurses.a. Several `_tputs' exist,
> but no actual `tputs'. So, I can't link lynx-2.7. Any help on this?

I suspect that they're in one of the other libraries (libraries with term in
the name are probably a good starting point).

>  Finally, can someone *please* mail me the libm.a file so I can compile
> xpaint (it needs `sin', `cos' and others)!

It is in the comp set. I just pulled it out of the 1.2 release dir on the ftp
site and checked. Its too big to sensibly send by email.

bash$ cat comp.?? | gzip -dc - | tar tvf - | grep libm.a
r--r--r--   2/2   Sep 30 21:59 1996 usr/lib/libm.a

Cheers

Rob