Subject: teTeX, sh, bash, & fax.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kim G. S. \yhus <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/24/1997 14:09:48
Well, I just compiled teTeX on my own, and made it work, mostly.
However, I noticed something weird: In order to make it work,
the shellscript that makes fonts has to use /usr/local/bin/bash.
With the default /bin/sh, it does not work. An error with stdout
when writing font .log files.
Is there something wrong with /bin/sh?

Anyway, the reason I compiled teTeX, was to be able to write
documents for faxing. So I have compiled hylafax, and made it
work, mostly. However, lines get lost during sending, and the
only possible place they can get lost, is from the computer to
the modem.

Any suggestions as to how to avoid this loss of bytes sent
over the serial line?

Kim0