Subject: Re: Installation Difficulties!
To: None <stevehobbs@enterprise.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/16/1997 13:03:28
On Sat, 14 Jun 1997 stevehobbs@enterprise.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have now got the CD, and began installation this morning,
> no problems up to the point where I boot, and try to note down
> the harddisc info.
> The atapi code dumps so much debugging code to the screen that I don't
> get a chance to see it, and the /kern/msgbuf file does not have the data in.
> The voy4656 kernel supplied on the floppy fails on my SA110.
> Any clues what to do?
> My machine is:
> SA110, Fujitsu 1.7GB IDE disc (ADFS::4)
> ATAPI CD.
>
> One thought I had was to get the output to go to lpt0, to get a hardcopy,
> but I don't think this is possible?

Interesting problem, I suggest that you use a newer kernel this will boot
up and you'll be able to see your hd specs, it should then crash out and
say not found root, you should then get a ddb prompt, typeing continue
should reboot.  if it doesn't try 'call boot0' (note you need to have the
symbol table loaded, option in the risc-os loader)

Then try doing with the atapi kernel.

Chris

PS apologies if someone's already suggested this, I'm about a week behind
on lots of mailing lists.