Subject: Re: newfs'ing a large disk
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Duncan Ferguson <d.ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/11/1997 17:18:06
> The Powertec SCSI driver isn't the world's fastest. I hope it is going to get a
> bit of a speedup soon.

Any idea whether this will be part of the general advancements that
may be added to the free tree within a month or so, or is the
powertec driver part of the work done in peoples spare time?

Just tried an fsck to check that the 9gb drive is ok and its taken
over 4 minutes so far ;o)  ( i dont want to risk not doing fsck's
during bootup yet 'cos i want to make sure i added it right...)

Cheers,

  Duncs

| Duncan Ferguson               Network Support Officer |
|         Worcester College of Higher Education         |
| My views are not necessarily supported by the college |
|                And who can blame them?                |