Subject: Re: *very* slow C++-compiler
To: None <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Jochen Scharrlach <jscharrl@BA-Stuttgart.De>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/05/1997 15:59:25
Hi,

> The problem was some of the shell things that were called went wrong,
> imparticular mkdep used to not work.

mkdep is executed by "make", but - according to "top" - it is really
cc1plus that is hanging!

> Try the auto-building kernels?

What I meant was, that I have to keep up with the changes of the
sources to get an up-to-date kernel - and I am *so* lazy... ;)

> hmm, have you done a make depend (if needed?)

make depend shouldn't make any difference because usually it only
changes the dependencies in the Makefile, i.e. "object x has to be
recompiled if file y has changed".

> How's the hard-disc doing? does it need an fsck on some files, this can
> cause some problems...)

No problems - I could even start X while compiling!

Bye,
Jochen

--
                      EMail:   jscharrl@ba-stuttgart.de