Subject: Re: Problems installing RiscBSD
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil.b.thomassen@eunet.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/02/1997 20:02:33
On Sun 27 Apr, Tony Houghton wrote:
> PS the BETA/TXT installation guide supplied with the Risc Disc didn't
> seem very good, so I downloaded the newer installation guide, which
> is much more thorough. It went a bit funny when un-gzip-ing with SparkFS
> and most of the appendixes seem to be missing. Has anyone else had this
> problem?

The new installation manual (install.new) is not finished, but as
I don't have RiscBSD running at the moment it is difficult for
me to finish it off.

The problem has been that I am using a type 0 monitor, and the kernels
for this monitor does not work.

This problem should be fixed in a few days as I am going to borrow
another monitor from a friend of mine that has at least VGA
resolution. This means that I should be able to install RiscBSD
and finish off the manual.

You are right when you say that most of the appendices are missing.
They just haven't been written.

Kjetil B.