Subject: Re: CDROM & SA110-4958
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/01/1997 17:59:11
On Apr 30, 11:41pm, Marco Suzzi wrote:
> Subject: CDROM & SA110-4958
> Hi,
> I have RPC 700+StrongARM and standard IDE CDROM drive provided by
> Acorn, but RiscBSD can't see it.
> Which is the CDROM device ?
> Can SA110-4958 kernel use IDE CDROM ?

No.

> If yes, how can I mount the CDROM file system ?
>
> Can anyone help me to use CDs from BSD ?

Way back in the mists of time there was support for ATAPI CDROMs in RiscBSD but
some changes made to the generic IDE code by the NetBSD core team broke the
RiscBSD ATAPI support. One day RSN there is supposed to be generic
cross-platform ATAPI support.

Don't hold your breath :-(

If you want to transfer stuff from RiscOS to NetBSD you can do it with UnixFS.
See the FAQ and Ollie's searchable mailing list archives for further details.

Cheers

Rob