Subject: Re: Problems installing RiscBSD
To: Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/28/1997 11:49:30
On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Tony Houghton wrote:

> In message <a03d9f8147@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
>           Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Now the problem I've got is that none of the contents of /usr are
> > available from RiscBSD. If I openroot on wd0f with UnixFS the files are
> > there, but not if I openroot on wd0a.

HD partition letter	normal equivlence...
a			/ (root)
b			swap space
c			I think this is for ADFS should someone ever do
			this
d			don't know...
e			/var	(or first partition)
f			/usr

because of the way things work you'll find that /usr and /var on wd0a are
empty as they are only mount points, which the filing system connects to
the right drive(partition)

> Oops, sorry for following myself up twice in a row, but I forgot to add
> that the reboot command now fails with:
>
> syncing disks... fs = /
> panic: update: rofs mod

Which kernel is this?  Does sync work?