Subject: Re: Problems installing RiscBSD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/28/1997 00:49:08
In message <2bd8918147@tonyh.tcp.co.uk>
          Tony Houghton <tony@tonyh.tcp.co.uk> wrote:

> In that case it looks like I don't have wd0e mounted on /usr. If what I
> tried to do worked properly I should have partitions for root, swap, var
> and usr. Wouldn't that make usr wd0d (again, by my limited
> understanding).

Aha, I worked out that there don't seem to be any wd0c and wd0d, and
what I wanted was wd0f. BTW, what is var for anyway? The installer seems
to have put quite a few things in it, so should I be worried that I only
allocated it ~16MB?

Everything was going very nicely, but then after installing all the sets
I think I've messed it up by trying to use UnixFS to install a monitor
file straight into where I wanted it instead of in distrib. I can't
think what else might have broken it, and I'm sure I killed UnixFS
properly.

Now the problem I've got is that none of the contents of /usr are
available from RiscBSD. If I openroot on wd0f with UnixFS the files are
there, but not if I openroot on wd0a.

--
                       \  http://www.tcp.co.uk/~tonyh/