Subject: Re: burning my own CD
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olly Betts <olly@muscat.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/25/1997 10:11:11
In article <35f4ce50@chadwyck.co.uk>, you wrote:
>I can't access ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk at all. Am I missing something? Has the
>official ftp site moved?

I've just checked (at about 10am GMT+1), and it's rejecting anonymous ftp
access for me too:

530 User ftp access denied.

>Finally since I am low on disk space (on my Acorn RPC) does anyone have any
>tips on storing software unpacked on the CD? I am using Windows boxes to
>download and burn the CD so I don't really see any way of unpacking the
>distribution sets before putting them on the CD.

Well, gzip and tar are both available for DOS, so the only problem is likely
to be filename length if you're on a Win 3.1 box (or your CD ROM writer
can't do rockridge extensions).

There's a DOS port of gzip in:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gzp124b.zip

I'd recommend the djtar*.exe programs, which are particularly tailored to
DOS.  You can find these in the archive:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2/djdev201.zip

Olly