Subject: Re: RiscBSD for beginners...
To: None <cjs@wr.com.au>
From: Steve Dicks <steve@starswan.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/22/1997 23:09:35
In message <Marcel-1.09-0422081354-bc8Bn4=@cjs.wr.com.au> you recently said:

> Folks,
>
> Is this the right mailling list for this sort of request ?
>
> I am looking for some help & advice on the possibility of getting
> hold of RiscBSD and getting it up & running on my Risc PC (incl.
> StrongARM)...
>
> My initial questions are ones like:
>
> 1.  Does it work with StrongARM ?
Yes

> 2.  Is there a 'CD' distribution of it ?
Uniqueway's RiscDisc3 (25 quid) contains a distribution

> 3.  How can I get a good 'intro' to it ???  Years ago I did some Unix
> stuff but I'm VERY rusty !!!
>
> 4.  Do I need to use an IDE hard disc or can it use my Cumana SCSI II
> bus ?
The version I've got supports SCSI but needs IDE for a boot device

> 5.  Where can I go for 'basic', not-very-technical advice/guidance
> with this seeing as I'm out in Australia !!!
This mailing list is not a bad place. Also you could mail me if you want to
deal with one person in particular - I program/support/setup  Unix boxes
for a living, but that can have its down side as I can never remember the
command set for the box I'm sitting in front of!

--
Steve Dicks - Starswan Systems Ltd
Hertfordshire's premier one-man Systems Consultancy