Subject: request for testers 2
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/22/1997 18:27:41
hi,

This time I think I've got it sussed (I hope) the file seems to download
and decompress.  Any problem let me know.

The new kernel is in:-

http://www.plan9.cs.york.ac.uk/~cg110/libkern/

The kernel is the file netbsd.gz, it's a standard voyager config, without
csc though (I forgot again!)  It's based on the sys tar file from a
fortnight ago.

The kernel source patches are in asmkern.tgz

The patches do not have netbsd headers/disclaimers.  but by downloading
them you agree to the standard disclaimer.  I will add headers sometime.

To install the patches 'tar xvzf' them from /usr (assuming that
/usr/src/sys is the kernel dir...)

The patch file contains new functions for lots of the lib/libkern and
copies files into sys/lib/libkern/arch/arm32  This includes a new
Makefile.inc

also installed is a new <machine/asm.h> file.  I've updated this to allow
for kernel profiling, just use profiling as normal, making sure you have
the option PROFILE_ASM in your config file.
installed into sys/arch/arm32/include/asm.h

minor alteration to memset.S to unroll a loop in it, updates the file
sys/arch/arm32/arm32/memset.S

to build a new kernel with these new funs:
cd sys/arch/arm32/compile/<NAME>/lib/kern
rm *.o .depend
cd ../..
make depend
make

The above makes the .depend file update to use the .S files, and forces
the libkern to recompile.

If anyone has any problems let me know.

As I update the patch files, add more, update & speed them up, I'll let
people know.

Chris G